We will update this information daily as needed; please check back regularly.
Last Updated, August 8, 2020.
August 8, 2020
Beginning August 9, 2020 we will be returning to one physical worship service.
This one service will be at 9 AM on Sunday mornings.
We will continue practicing proper safety precautions (as outline below).
We look forward to being able to gather together again as one family of faith in Jesus.
May 19, 2020
Dear Members of Our Saviour,
Grace, mercy, and peace in the name of Jesus Christ our risen Savior!
Psalm 122:1 “I rejoiced with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
After much prayer, study, and discussion we have decided to move forward with in-person worship in our sanctuary this coming Sunday, May 24. We will have two shortened and simplified worship services this coming Sunday morning, May 24th at 9 am and 10:30 am.
We join in the praise of Psalm 122 and rejoice that we will have the opportunity to gather together as a family of faith for prayer, worship, communion, and God’s Word.
As a congregation, we love God’s Word and seek to obey it in all circumstances. Out of a desire to obey God’s commands to love our neighbor and honor authorities placed above us, we will be making adjustments to the format of our worship during this time.
We are delighted to worship together, but we must also be responsible and mindful of the continuing pandemic. This means we will be making adjustments in order to love our members and care for their safety by following social distancing, contact, and medical guidelines. While some changes will be disappointing and things won’t be exactly the same as before we must remember the words of the Apostle Paul: “in humility consider others as more important than yourselves. Everyone should look not to his own interests, but rather to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:3-4
Below are changes we are making to our worship and Sunday morning routine during this time:
- We have removed hymnals, Bibles, and other paper items from the pews.
- The liturgy will be shortened during this time. (The liturgy will be provided so you can participate in the service and we invite you to bring your own Bible.)
- Communion will be prepared with all sanitary precautions (washing of hands, wearing of masks and gloves).
- Communion will be served as safely as possible. Those serving communion will be wearing gloves and masks. We will not be going up to the altar railing to receive communion. Ushers will guide you in the new format for receiving communion during this time.
- During this time there will not be congregational singing. (It has been shown that professional singers may project aerosol droplets up to 13 feet. Please consider foremost the safety of others.)
- We will not be shaking hands or hugging. We will also not have a social gathering time. After worship is concluded please do not congregate inside the building - this will allow us to clean surfaces in between services. If you wish to visit with appropriate social distancing, please move to the parking lot and visit safely.
- When coming up for worship, please enter through the front double doors facing Rainbow Blvd. Do not enter the lower level side door facing north. We will guide people as we exit the sanctuary to make sure we avoid congestion and close contact.
- Both the 9 am and 10:30 am worship services will be identical. We are offering two services during this time to allow for safe social distancing in our sanctuary.
Other notes to keep in mind:
- We will continue posting worship resources online during this time for those who are not able to worship in person.
- We encourage our elderly, sick, and at-risk members to remain at home and minimize their risk. Please know that staying home to care for yourself or someone else is not a sign of weak faith.
- We strongly encourage wearing face masks. When both parties are wearing simple masks this has been proven to markedly reduce the risk of spreading infection.
- We will continue to be in constant prayer regarding our worship and ministry as a church. We will modify and update the worship service in accordance with safe practices.
We look forward to seeing you, being with you in worship, and praying together this coming Sunday, May 24th with worship services at 9 am and 10:30 am.
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." 2 Corinthians 13:13
Pastor Mark Wood
Lou Wetzel, President
Jane Wetzel, Spiritual Care
Spiritual Care Team
Until we can have a physical gathering, our Sunday worship service will be moving to an online-only format. Our weekly worship services will be recorded and available for you to watch on Facebook, Youtube, and our Website.
Our Food Pantry will remain open (we are taking careful precautions for the health and safety of both patrons and volunteers). Food Pantry hours are Monday - Wednesday from 9 am to 11:15 am.
We will also be providing additional prayer, devotional, and Bible study resources for all ages.
During this time and afterward, many people are going to have great spiritual and physical needs. As a church, we want to be a source of Good News and hope in our community. Your generosity and faithful giving help meet spiritual needs with the sharing of God's Word and physical needs through various ministries such as the Food Pantry. You can make your tithes and offerings online, helping us to be prepared now and in the coming months to meet the spiritual and physical needs of our members and our community.
You can give online to support the mission and ministries of Our Saviour Lutheran Church by clicking the button below and following the instructions.